EASYPRO TB SERIES HIGH VOLUME WATERFALL PUMP OPERATION MANUAL:
EasyPro High Volume Waterfall Pump Operation Manual - Printable PDF Version
Thank you for purchasing the TB series waterfall pump. This instruction manual explains the product operations and gives important precautions regarding its safe use. In order to use the product to maximum benefit, be sure to read the instructions thoroughly and follow them carefully.
To avoid accident, do not use the pump in any way other than as described in this instruction manual especially when you see “WARNING”. After reading this instruction manual, keep it nearby as a reference in case questions arise during use.
If this instruction manual should become lost or damaged, ask your nearest dealer or representative for another copy.
Safety & Electrical Connections
WARNING: Verify that the voltage and frequency of the electric pump shown on the nameplate correspond to those available on the mains.
The installer must make sure that the electric system is grounded in accordance with local ordinances.
The plug and connections should be protected from water/rain. Before using the pump, always inspect it visually (especially power cable and plug). Do not use the pump if it is damaged.
If the pump is damaged, have it inspected by a qualified service center only. Make sure that electric connections are protected from all water and moisture.
Protect the plug and the power cable from heat, oil or sharp edges.
WARNING: The power cable must be replaced by qualified personnel only.
Grounding: The plug of the power cable has a double grounding contact, so that grounding can be performed by simply inserting the plug.
Overload Protection: EasyPro pumps have a built in thermal protection switch. The pump stops if an overload condition occurs. The motor restarts automatically after it has cooled down.
Prior to Operation
Check the following points upon receipt of your pump:
Is the pump exactly what you ordered? Check nameplate. Has any damage occurred during shipment? Are any bolts or nuts loose? Have all necessary accessories been supplied? We recommend that you keep a spare pump on hand in case of emergencies. Keep this instruction manual in a place for future reference.
Keep the pump equipment out of the reach of children! Warns that failure to follow directions could cause serious risk/injury to individuals or objects.
This sign warns the operator that the failure to follow an instruction may damage the pump and/or the system.
This series of pumps are suitable to pump rain water and also can be used both for permanent and temporary installa- tion. The pump can be placed in a sump pit, then can pump dirty water containing suspended solid particles up to 1/2" diameter.
- Do not work on pump until power is unplugged.
- Do not cut off ground pin or use an adapter fi tting. Do not use an extension cord
- Must be used on a GFCI protected outlet
- Do install the strainer prior to using if you want to let the pump run as a sump pump.
The pump power cord should be connected to a separately fused, grounded line with a minimum capacity of 15 amps. It can be connected to non- fuse breaker at the recommended amps. Never touch the pump when it is plugged in.
1. Before installing or servicing this pump, be certain pump power source is disconnected. Contact a quali fi ed licensed electrician for disconnecting electrical service prior to pump removal.
2. Installation and electrical wiring must adhere to state and local codes and must be completed before priming pump. Check appropriate community agencies, or contact local electrical and pump professionals.
3. Call an electrician when in doubt. Pump should be connected to a separate 15 amp circuit breaker or 15 amp fuse block. Note that, plugging into existing outlets may cause low voltage at motor, causing blown fuses, tripping of motor overload or burned out motor.
4. A permanent ground connection from pump to the grounding bar at the service panel is mandatory. For maximum safety, connect pump to a circuit equipped with a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter device when you position the pump’s grounding wire.
5. Voltage of power supply must match the voltage of the pump.
WARNING Must be vented in accordance with local plumbing codes. EasyPro pumps are not designed for and CANNOT be installed in locations classified as hazardous.
The following may cause severe damage to pump and will void warranty:
- Using an extension cord
- Cutting off the ground pin or using an adapter fitting
- Working on pump or switch while plugged in
- Removing motor housing, unscrewing impeller or otherwise removing impeller seal
- Pumping chemicals or corrosive liquids
- Pumping gasoline or other flammable liquids
- Piping: Plastic PVC pipe, drain hose, galvanized steel or copper pipe may all be used. All piping must be clean and free of all foreign matter to prevent clogging. Use thread compound on all threaded joints unless specified otherwise. Be sure to seal the thread connection with tape seal when you are using the pipe fitting to connect the flange.
|Pump runs but does not deliver water||
|Pump runs but delivers only a small amount of water||
|Fuse blows or circuit breaker trips when pump starts||
|Motor runs for a short time, then stops||
- This product is warranted against any mechanical or material defects for a period of two years from the date of purchase
- This warranty does not cover accidental damage to the product due to abuse or negligence by the consumer.
- An RMA number must be obtained by calling EasyPro Pond Products at 800-448-3873 and be included on package before returning for warranty issues.
Return warranty items to:
EasyPro Pond Products, 4385 East 110th, Grant, MI 49327
Be sure to include RMA number, original receipt, name, return address and phone number in package.
- In the event of a warranty claim, please return the pump postage prepaid with the original receipt for repair or exchange. No warranty claims will be honored without the original receipt.
- The manufacturer or supplier shall not be held liable for any damages caused by defective components or materials of this pump; or for loss incurred because of the interruption of service; or any consequential/incidental damages and expenses arising from the production, sale, use or misuse of this product.
- The manufacturer or supplier shall not be held liable for any loss of fi sh, plants or any other livestock as a result of any failure or defect of this product.
- If you experience a failure of your pump, please check the following before returning to us:
1. Remove fi lter housing, clean and inspect impellar and surrounding chamber, reassemble and test pump;
2. Verify electrical supply.
Each year we receive numerous pumps back that simply have a small stone lodged in the impellar, are plugged from lack of cleaning or do not work due to low voltage caused by an overloaded circuit. These are not warranty items. Please take the time to verify your problem is actually a defective pump before returning. EasyPro will pay postage to return pump to you provided it is a warranty issue. If you send a pump in for warranty and it checks out fine — you will also be responsible for the cost of return postage.