EASYPRO EX8800 EX11200 EX13200 EXTERNAL PUMP OPERATION MANUAL:
Operation • Safety • Warranty
EasyPro EX8800 EX11200 EX13200 External Pumps Operation Manual - Printable PDF Version
|Model||Inlet||Discharge||Max Flow||Max Head||Max Power||Max Current||Volts||Motor HP||Motor Enclosure||Impeller|
|EX8800||2"||2"||8220 GPH||22.3' ft||450 Watts||4.0 Amps @ 115v||115v/230||1½ HP||TEFC||8|
|EX11200||2"||2"||11160 GPH||80.8' ft||2162 Watts||9.6 Amps @ 230v||230||3 HP||TEFC||6|
|EX13200||2"||2"||13200 GPH||81.7' ft||2595 Watts||11.5 Amps @ 230v||230||3 HP||TEFC||7|
- TYPE: STRAIGHT CENTRIFUGAL
- MOTOR: NEMA C Face, 56J
- HORSEPOWER: 1/2 (1750 RPM), 3 (3450 RPM)
- INLET: 2" FNPT AND BUTTRESS THREAD PORTS
- DISCHARGE: 2" FNPT AND BUTTRESS THREAD PORTS
- MATERIAL: 40% Glass-Filled Polypropylene
- HARDWARE: STAINLESS STEEL
- ACCESORIES: 90 CUBIC INCH STRAINER BASKETS (1.5" & 2") - SWING CHECK VALVES (1.5", 2", 3") - 500 CUBIC INCH STRAINER BASKETS (1.5", 2", 3")
WARNING: Please read completely before you install or operate your new pump! This is an external “out-of-pond” pump! It is NOT submersible! Do NOT allow this pump to become submerged! Never run dry! Max. case pressure.- 65 PSI!
We congratulate you on your choice of the EX8800/EX11200/EX13200 Centrifugal Pump! It has been carefully designed using the advantages of today’s technology and carefully constructed to give you the dependability of yesterday. To insure proper performance, we urge you to carefully follow the instructions in this manual. If you have any questions, call your nearest distributor or EasyPro for assistance.
Please read carefully! When properly installed the EX8800/EX11200/EX13200 will provide dependable trouble-free service.
1. Locate the pump as near the water source as possible. A flooded suction situation is preferred. The pump is not self-priming, therefore, if the fluid level is below the pump, a swing check valve must be installed and the pump primed prior to start-up. (Figure 2)
2. Mount motor base to a secure, immobile foundation.
3. Use only plastic fittings on both the intake and discharge ports. Seal pipe connections with Teflon paste. These fi ttings should be selfsupported and in neutral alignment with each port. (i.e. Fittings must not be forced into alignment which may cause premature line failure or damage to the pump volute.) For non-flooded installations, a strainer basket and check valve are recommended.
4. Never restrict the intake. Keep both input and discharge lines as free of elbows and valves as possible. Always use pipe of adequate diameter. This will reduce friction losses and maximize output.
5. The EX8800 is not self-priming! It must not be run dry! We recommend a flooded suction installation. Please read carefully! When properly installed, the EX8800 will provide dependable, trouble-free service.
6. For additional plumbing tips, review EasyPro’s website: www.EasyProPondProducts.com for pond plumbing and pump installation hints.
WARNING: ALWAYS SHUT OFF ELECTRICAL POWER BEFORE INSTALLATION AND / OR SERVICING THIS PUMP! ALL ELECTRICAL WIRING SHOULD MEET STATE AND LOCAL ORDINANCES. NOTE: THE PUMP MOTOR IS DESIGNED FOR 115 VAC 60HZ POWER ONLY! WARNING: SHUT OFF ELECTRICAL POWER BEFORE INSTALLATION AND / OR SERVICING THIS PUMP! 230V 50HZ MOTORS AVAILABLE - CONTACT YOUR SUPPLIER FOR INFORMATION
1. Check that supply voltages match the motor’s requirements.
2. Check motor wiring and connect, according to instructions on motor, to match supply voltage.
3. Power cord should be protected by conduit or by cable and be of proper gauge. It should be no longer than necessary.
4. Power should be drawn directly from a box with circuit breaker protection or with a fused disconnect switch.
PUMP END ASSEMBLY
1. Clean and inspect all pump parts (O-ring, seal seats, motor shaft, etc.).
2. Apply sealant to the bracket bore ID wall and around the seal case - follow sealant manufacturer instructions. We recommend using Gasgacinch. Silicone sealant can also be used.
3. Press carbon graphite seal into bracket while taking care not to damage carbon graphite face.
4. Place slinger (rubber washer) over motor shaft and mount bracket to motor.
5. Carefully, lubricate the seal seat elastomer OD and impeller hub ID with water. Press the seal seat into the impeller hub making certain that the ceramic is in evenly - the sealing surface should be parallel with the impeller hub.
6. Carefully lubricate carbon-graphite and ceramic sealing surfaces with CLEAN water. Do not use silicon lubricants or grease!
7. Assemble bracket to motor with four m-bolts
8. Thread impeller onto shaft and tighten! If required, remove motor end-cap and use a screwdriver on the back of motor shaft to prevent shaft rotation while tightening. Replace motor end cap.
9. Seat large O-ring in volute slot and assemble volute to bracket with seven 1/4-20 x 2 3/4" hex cap screws, washers and nuts. Tighten in a cross pattern (30 in-lbf).
10. Install drain plug with its O-ring in volute drain hole.
11. Before operating pump, allow a proper cure time for the sealant used in step 2.
1. Shut off power to motor before disconnecting any electrical wiring from the back of the motor.
2. Disassemble volute from bracket by removing the seven 1/4" - 20 threads per inch x 2 3/4" hex cap screws.
3. Remove cap covering shaft at back of motor and with a large screwdriver, prevent shaft rotation while unscrewing impeller.
4. Remove ceramic piece from impeller. (If you are replacing the seal)
5. Detach bracket from motor.
6. Remove carbon-graphite seal from bracket by pressing out from the back. Do not dig out from the front! (If you are replacing the seal)
Motor - Permanently Lubricated ball bearings - no service required.
Rotary Seal - Requires no lubrication after assembly.
EasyPro Limited Warranty
This product is warranted to the initial purchaser to be free of defects in materials and workmanship at the time of initial purchase and for a period of 18 months. In the event this product malfunctions within 18 months from the date of purchase, the sole obligation of EasyPro, Incorporated (hereinafter referred to as EP) will be to repair the unit or replace with an equivalent new or factory refurbished unit at EP’s discretion, subject to the following conditions:
1. You MUST call EP for a return authorization (RA#) number prior to returning, pumps returned without an RA# will be refused.
2. The malfunction is proved attributable to a defect in materials or workmanship, including repairs performed under this warranty. Malfunction for any other reason — including but not limited to misuse, negligence, accident, tampering with parts, incorrect wiring, improper installation — will not be remedied under this warranty.
3. EP specifically does not guarantee chemical compatibility, and expressly does not warrant units from any problems caused by chemical attack or failure due to incompatibility of fluid being pumped with pump materials of construction.
4. All warranty repairs must be performed by EP or an EP authorized company. Purchaser must retain the purchase receipt and present it with this certificate as proof of ownership and entitlement to warranty repairs. Unauthorized repairs will not be compensated by EP, are not the responsibility of EP, and if such repairs damage the product, such damages are not remedied under this warranty.
5. Purchaser shall bear all shipping, packing and insurance costs and all other costs, excluding labor and parts necessary to effectuate repairs under this warranty.
6. Periodic check-ups are not covered by this warranty.
7. This warranty is in lieu of all other express warranties which now or hereafter might otherwise arise with respect to this product. Any and all limited warranties, including the warranties of merchant-ability and fitness for particular purpose, shall have no greater duration than the duration period of the express written warranty applicable to this product, and shall terminate automatically the expiration of such duration period. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. No action shall be brought for breach of any implied or express warranty after one year subsequent to the expiration of the duration period of the express written warranty.
8. Incidental and consequential damages caused by malfunction, defect, or otherwise, and with respect to breach of any express or implied warranty, are not the responsibility of EP, and, to the extent permitted by law, are hereby excluded both for property damage and, to the extent not unconscionable, for personal injury damage. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
9. This warranty does not apply to any malfunction arising out of any application of this product other than normal use, unless such application is upon request specifically approved in writing by EP.
10. The provisions of this warranty are severable and if any provision shall be deemed invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
11. Rights under this warranty are not assignable without the express prior consent in writing by EP and, regardless of the terms of such consent in writing, such assignee shall have no greater rights than his assignor had against EP.