EASYPRO EX3600 EXTERNAL PUMP OPERATION MANUAL:
Operation • Safety • Warranty
This manual covers part numbers: EX3600
EasyPro External Pumps EX3600 Operation Manual - Printable PDF Version
- TYPE: STRAIGHT CENTRIFUGAL
- MOTOR: 1 PHASE, TEFC 1550 RPM, 115 VAC - 8 FT 3-PRONGED CORD
- HORSEPOWER: 1/8 (1550 RPM)
- VOLTAGE: 115/230
- INLET: 2" FNPT
- DISCHARGE: 1½" FNPT
- MATERIAL: 40% Glass-Filled Polypropylene WITH NORYL IMPELLER
- HARDWARE: STAINLESS STEEL
- ACCESORIES: 90 CUBIC INCH STRAINER BASKETS (1½" & 2")
- SWING Check Valves (1½", 2", 3")
WARNING: read completely before you install or operate your new pump! This is an external “out-of-pond” pump! It is NOT submersible! Do NOT allow this pump to become submerged! Never run dry! Max. case pressure.- 25 PSI!
We congratulate you on your choice of the EX3600 Centrifugal Pump! It has been carefully designed using the advantages of today’s technology and carefully constructed to give you the dependability of yesterday. To insure proper performance, we urge you to carefully follow the instructions in this manual. If you have any questions, call your nearest distributor or EasyPro for assistance.
Please read carefully! When properly installed the EX Series Pump will provide dependable trouble-free service.
1. Do not submerse the unit in water — it is not a submersible pump. Do not allow the pump to become submerged during transient periods, such as heavy rain, run-off, etc.
2. Locate the pump as near the water source as possible. A flooded suction is preferred.
3. The pump is not self-priming. Therefore, if the fluid level is below the pump, a swing check valve must be installed below water level. The pump and inlet line must be primed prior to start up. Do not run pump dry! For non-flooded installations, a strainer basket and check valve are recommended.
4. Mount the motor base to a secure, immobile foundation.
5. Use only plastic fi ttings on both the inlet and discharge ports. Seal the inlet & discharge fi ttings with Teflon pipe dope. These fittings should be self-supported and in neutral alignment with each port (i.e., Fittings must not be forced into port alignment which may cause premature line failure or damage to the pump volute).
6. Never restrict the inlet! Keep both inlet and discharge lines as free of elbows and valves as possible. Always use pipe of adequate diameter. This will reduce friction losses and maximize output. Never use an inlet line of smaller diameter than the discharge line. Minimize the suction lift.
WARNING: ALWAYS SHUT OFF ELECTRICAL POWER BEFORE INSTALLATION AND / OR SERVICING THIS PUMP! ALL ELECTRICAL WIRING SHOULD MEET STATE AND LOCAL ORDINANCES. NOTE: THE PUMP MOTOR IS DESIGNED FOR 115 VAC 60HZ POWER ONLY! WARNING: SHUT OFF ELECTRICAL POWER BEFORE INSTALLATION AND / OR SERVICING THIS PUMP! 230V 50HZ MOTORS AVAILABLE - CONTACT YOUR SUPPLIER FOR INFORMATION
Carefully, examine the power cord before use. Do not use this power cord if there is any visible damage. Do not use this power cord in water or if the motor or electrical receptacle is in contact with any standing water! This power cord should only be plugged into a properly installed 115 VAC GFI receptacle! ALWAYS TEST CYCLE A GFI RECEPTACLE TO DETERMINE ITS CONDITION BEFORE USE!
PUMP END ASSEMBLY
1. Inspect all pump parts (O-ring, O-ring groove, impeller hub ID, motor shaft, etc.) and clean if necessary.
2. Apply sealant to the bracket bore ID wall and around the seal case - follow sealant mfg. instructions. We recommend using Gasgacinch. Silicone sealant can also be used.
3. Press the carbon graphite seal into the bracket while taking care not to touch or damage the carbon graphite face. Never touch or apply pressure to the carbon graphite seal face!
4. Screw four M-Bolts fi ve complete turns into the threaded holes located on the motor face.
5. Mount the bracket to the motor by aligning the key holes over each bolt head, then rotate clockwise which will position the small key hole slot under each bolt head. Tighten each bolt with a wrench to secure the bracket to the motor (8-25 lb. in.).
6. Carefully, lubricate the seal seat elastomer OD and impeller hub ID with water. Press the seal seat into the impeller hub making certain that the ceramic is in evenly — the sealing surface should be parallel with the impeller hub.
7. Apply clean water to the carbon-graphite and seal seat sealing surfaces. Do not use silicon lubricants or grease!
8. Lock the shaft by placing a screwdriver blade into the shaft slot at the fan end of the motor. Thread the impeller onto the motor shaft (Insure that the small impeller washer is in place on the impeller). Thread until the washer securely contacts the shaft shoulder.
9. Seat the large O-ring into the bracket O-ring groove.
10. Assemble the volute onto the bracket with six P-Bolts (10-24 x 2 3/4” carriage bolts) and six fl anged lock nuts. Tighten in a cross pattern (30 lb. in.).
11. Install the drain plug and O-ring, into the volute drain hole.
12. Before operating the EX3600, allow a proper cure time for the sealant used in step 2.
1. Shut off power to the motor before servicing any pump!
2. Unplug the power cord.
3. Disassemble the volute from the bracket - six P-Bolts and six flanged lock nuts. The volute may remain attached to the plumbing to help simplify reinstallation.
4. Lock the shaft by placing a screwdriver blade into the shaft slot at the fan end of the motor. Unthread the impeller from the motor shaft — Take care not to misplace the small metal impeller washer.
5. Remove the ceramic, with rubber boot, from the impeller hub (if you are replacing the seal).
6. Loosen the four M-Bolts attaching the bracket to the motor. Rotate the bracket counter-clock wise until the screw heads are located in the large key hole slots. Lift off the bracket from the motor.
7. Remove the carbon-graphite seal assembly from the bracket by pressing it out from the motor-side of the bracket. Do not pry it out with a screwdriver from the pump cavity-side of the bracket (if you are replacing the seal)!
Motor - Permanently Lubricated ball bearings - no service required.
Rotary Seal - Requires no lubrication after assembly.
EasyPro Limited Warranty
This product is warranted to the initial purchaser to be free of defects in materials and workmanship at the time of initial purchase and for a period of 18 months. In the event this product malfunctions within 18 months from the date of purchase, the sole obligation of EasyPro, Incorporated (hereinafter referred to as EP) will be to repair the unit or replace with an equivalent new or factory refurbished unit at EP’s discretion, subject to the following conditions:
1. You MUST call EP for a return authorization (RA#) number prior to returning, pumps returned without an RA# will be refused.
2. The malfunction is proved attributable to a defect in materials or workmanship, including repairs performed under this warranty. Malfunction for any other reason — including but not limited to misuse, negligence, accident, tampering with parts, incorrect wiring, improper installation — will not be remedied under this warranty.
3. EP specifically does not guarantee chemical compatibility, and expressly does not warrant units from any problems caused by chemical attack or failure due to incompatibility of fluid being pumped with pump materials of construction.
4. All warranty repairs must be performed by EP or an EP authorized company. Purchaser must retain the purchase receipt and present it with this certificate as proof of ownership and entitlement to warranty repairs. Unauthorized repairs will not be compensated by EP, are not the responsibility of EP, and if such repairs damage the product, such damages are not remedied under this warranty.
5. Purchaser shall bear all shipping, packing and insurance costs and all other costs, excluding labor and parts necessary to effectuate repairs under this warranty.
6. Periodic check-ups are not covered by this warranty.
7. This warranty is in lieu of all other express warranties which now or hereafter might otherwise arise with respect to this product. Any and all limited warranties, including the warranties of merchant-ability and fitness for particular purpose, shall have no greater duration than the duration period of the express written warranty applicable to this product, and shall terminate automatically the expiration of such duration period. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. No action shall be brought for breach of any implied or express warranty after one year subsequent to the expiration of the duration period of the express written warranty.
8. Incidental and consequential damages caused by malfunction, defect, or otherwise, and with respect to breach of any express or implied warranty, are not the responsibility of EP, and, to the extent permitted by law, are hereby excluded both for property damage and, to the extent not unconscionable, for personal injury damage. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
9. This warranty does not apply to any malfunction arising out of any application of this product other than normal use, unless such application is upon request specifically approved in writing by EP.
10. The provisions of this warranty are severable and if any provision shall be deemed invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
11. Rights under this warranty are not assignable without the express prior consent in writing by EP and, regardless of the terms of such consent in writing, such assignee shall have no greater rights than his assignor had against EP.