On this page you will find various types of media, designed for removing solid particles from the water or creating large surface areas on which beneficial bacteria colonize. The filter media can be used by do-it-yourselfers to build their own filters or as replacement media for existing filters. The key to good water quality is proper filtration. Ponds that are under filtered will likely be cloudy, green and unattractive. Likewise aquatic systems that do not have properly sized filters can have high ammonia, high nitrites and low feed conversions.
In addition to good biological filtration, a UV sterilizer is another good option in many cases. A UV uses high intensity light to destroy algae cells that cause green water. They also eliminate disease causing pathogens, protecting fish health. A properly designed filtration system is vital to the success of any water system.
Bio-Bits Filter Media Features:
- Over 500 square foot of surface area per cubic foot of media.
- Long lasting Polyester filter material will last for years
- Low cost approach for small or large ponds alike
- Available in a 1/3, 1 ,2, 4, 6 ,8,1 0 or 25 cubic foot box
Bio-Balls Filter Media Features:
- Atlantic’s BB1500 contains 150 extremely durable, lightweight Bio-Balls that are easy to clean and reduce channeling
- Each ball is 1½’ in diameter and has nearly 25 square inches of surface area for bacterial colonization.
Bio-Rocks Filter Media Features:
- Provides all the surface area of lava rock and weighs 25% less
- Half the weight of gravel
- Bio-Rocks are made from expandable clay and are more stable
- Less abrasive alternative to heavyweight bio-media
Bio-Blocks Filter Media Features:
- Lightweight media blocks for use with FilterFalls
- Comes with 18" x 22" Heave Duty Media Bag
- Available in 1 cubic foot
Bio-Blox Filter Media Features:
- Great low cost choice for large volume applications.
- Approximately 500 square feet of surface area in every cubic foot of material, this allows for maximum filtration in a given area
- Polyester material will last for years
- Available in a one, ten or twenty five cubic foot box
- 25cu. ft. must ship freight
Filter Floss Bio-Media Features:
- Ribbon type material commonly used in AquaFalls pond filters
- A flat strapping that is embossed on both sides creating additional surface area for bacteria
- Lightweight, will last indefinitely and has no effect on water quality
- Each box fills two MB21 Mesh bags and contains approximately 4.5 cu. ft. of media
- Also available in 2 cu. ft. pre-filled mesh bags
Bio-Balls Filter Media Features:
- These plastic Bio-Balls are a great media for use in all types of filters
- Can be used as a loose media or put in mesh bags for easy removal and cleaning
- Will not compact like other soft media, reduces channeling of water around media
- 1½" in diameter, black in color - approximately 660 pieces per cubic foot
- Available in one cubic foot or 4.5 cubic foot box
Ultimate Tube Media Features:
- Round media with multiple internal baffles which create tremendous additional surface area
- Contains nearly 500 square feet of surface area in every cubic foot of media
- Tube Media Dimensions: 7/16" D x 1/4" L
- Available in 1, 10 or 25 cubic foot boxes
- Media included in EasyPro Bead Filters
We are also extremely proud to offer high quality, AMERICAN MADE, extra large, 100% cotton beach towels.
For our full line of beach and bath towels, please visit BIG ASS TOWELS.